• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Account Action Required

Spredde

Lurker
Feb 4, 2016
I've recently changed my password for Google. Everything is fine on my PC and laptop, however as soon as I've changed the password, on my Zenfone it started displaying "Account Action Required". It's in notifications display with a large Google "g" icon. When I pressed it started "Checking info" and then redirected me to "Please sign in" window, with text display "A change in your account requires that you sign in again". Then I pressed Next and just entered my password, pressing Next again. It redirected me to "Checking info" page again and then it minimized. No matter how many times I enter the password, still the same thing. I know password is correct, I even tried entering the incorrect one. Whenever I enter the incorrect password, it notifies me but when I enter the real one nothing happens.

http://imgur.com/a/C4J8X

Between the first two screenshots happens to be "Checking info" window which I cannot take picture of because it's too fast. And the same thing gets displayed after the last window and then it quickly redirects me back to the home page, minimizing itself.

I got the same thing going on with my s5. I downloaded an app. And it required I sign into google. I forgot my password so I changed it. Now I'm getting that same account action required bulls hit going on. I've try to log in a million times. And now my Gmail app says I need to sign in. When I try I go right to the action required screen. It's driving me nuts.

I've recently changed my password for Google. Everything is fine on my PC and laptop, however as soon as I've changed the password, on my Zenfone it started displaying "Account Action Required". It's in notifications display with a large Google "g" icon. When I pressed it started "Checking info" and then redirected me to "Please sign in" window, with text display "A change in your account requires that you sign in again". Then I pressed Next and just entered my password, pressing Next again. It redirected me to "Checking info" page again and then it minimized. No matter how many times I enter the password, still the same thing. I know password is correct, I even tried entering the incorrect one. Whenever I enter the incorrect password, it notifies me but when I enter the real one nothing happens.

http://imgur.com/a/C4J8X

Between the first two screenshots happens to be "Checking info" window which I cannot take picture of because it's too fast. And the same thing gets displayed after the last window and then it quickly redirects me back to the home page, minimizing itself.

Upvote 0
Received an email saying that my Google account had been accessed by an iPhone in Orange, CA so I immediately changed my password. Now I'm having the same issue with the Account Action Required message not going away. Did anyone else have the same issue with your Google account being accessed before this happened?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones