1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support "Account could not be validated"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Magzilla07, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Magzilla07

Magzilla07 New Member

Dec 18, 2012
    So, my brother bought me a Samsung Galaxy Precedent, and it arrived in the mail yesterday. At around 4 P.M., I finish the set-up and such for the phone, and eagerly try out my texting. It doesn't send.

My phone is for StraightTalk, and the phone came with a service card, which is already active, since on the website, it says my service end date is in January.

So, I try to call my house phone, and it rings twice, then a robot voice comes on and says "YOUR ACCOUNT COULD NOT BE VERIFIED. PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE." I do just that. After a long hold, I talk to a lady and she tells me to do the UPDATE PROFILE option, which fails multiple times, no matter how good or bad of a signal I have. She is getting cross, and just tells me to wait 24 hours, and if it's not working to just get a new phone.

Perturbed, my brother looks at it and cannot figure out why it won't work, since he has the exact same phone. Well, today, I call customer service again and the man tells me to try the UPDATE PROFILE option, and, of course, it fails. He tells me to take the battery out for a minute and then pop it back in and try it again. Failure. He says to do a Factory Reset; I did and it still won't do the UPDATE PROFILE.

I am at a loss of what to do. I really want to keep this phone since my brother paid a good bit for it and it's a very nice phone. Have any of you gone through these problems? Were they ever resolved??

I eagerly await any advice you may bestow upon me.

Thank you for reading. Have a beer on me! :beerglass:

Advertisement

2. Prepaidguy9081

Prepaidguy9081 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Hit androidarea51.com and use the irc chat their. They can help u.

Worst case secnario, root, rom, and u will be working im sure.

zimlokks likes this.