1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

accounts and sync CM 7 NIGHTLY

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by al3xtec, Sep 6, 2011.

1. al3xtec

al3xtec Lurker

On The droid1 (one) that I'm setting up for my mom It's not allowing me to add any Gmail or setup the backup Assistant account to load all her contacts...PLEASE HELP. It only pulls up the corporate exchange account...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AurJohn

AurJohn Well-Known Member

Can you delete the corporate exchange account?

3. icecold

icecold Android Enthusiast

I wasn't aware of any direct application of the Backup Assistant onto the Droid. The only thing you could possible do is export the contacts to gmail via a computer. Otherwise, perhaps a rep at the VZW Store could do the transfer for you.

Add a GMail account?? That should be done with an initial setup, right? Or are you using a different account beyond what you are logging into with?

So, um, Factory Reset?

EDIT: Just noticed the CM7 Nightly part...so I'm assuming you are rooted and running the Nightly. Maybe you want to flash the latest stable version of the ROM.

al3xtec likes this.
  4. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

I'm with icecold, there isn't really an android equivilent of Verizon's Backup assistant that I know of. Performing a factory data reset should allow you to setup her gmail account.

If you have more questions along this line, give us a bit more of the background please. It soulds like she is coming from a feature phone to the Droid and if that's the case, let us know so we can perhaps give more help in the migration.

good luck

al3xtec likes this.
  5. icecold

icecold Android Enthusiast

To transfer the contacts from Backup Assistant (via the web on a computer), you will first need to export the contact list to a .CSV file. You need to do this by first syncing the contacts from the old phone to Backup Assistant.

After logging into the Gmail account that you will be using as your login on the phone, you can import the .CSV file and the contact list.

http://support.vzw.com/how_to_use/transfer_contacts/droid.html

Then, after doing a factory reset, you will login using the Gmail account used above.

One other thing to consider, I don't think that CM 7 Nightly would be the best ROM for your mother, unless you plan on doing quite a bit of maintenance on it for her...

al3xtec likes this.
  6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Good point - the best thing to do in this situation would be to flash an SBF of a non-rooted stock ROM, unless she's technically savvy and / or has need for a rooted device.

CM7 pushes the envelope in terms of what the DROID can and cannot do - it eats up a lot of the available RAM, so if she plans on really trying to have a useful device, CM7 is not the way to go.

al3xtec likes this.
  7. al3xtec

al3xtec Lurker

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!

Yeah I have tried about 4 roms and they all have no options(no Gmail, Facebook, Yahoo, Email NOTHING!) under the "Add an account" under "Accounts & sync" in "Settings".. Very frustrating but I guess I will have to flash an sbf and start from scratch...GAH

And Without the gmail account the market does not even work..

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews