1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Accounts on rooted EVO 4G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dimmythedon, Dec 22, 2011.

1. dimmythedon

dimmythedon Lurker

Currently running Cyanogenmod 7.1.0 Supersonic on an EVO 4G & I install all my apps using APK but I cannot use Market , Gmail etc because the phone will not allow me to add accounts. When I open markets it asks would I like to add an account , I click yes but no action is taken. When I try to add an account vie settings I get 3 options ( skype , corporate & ooVoo ) When I put my email info in for corporate I get the message "Unable to open connection to server"

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

did you flash the gapps file? if so which one?

try wiping dalvik cache, and cache

3. dimmythedon

dimmythedon Lurker

no I didn't flash GAPPS I used the rEVOlution tutorial , so I just clear my cache & install google apps ?

4. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

when you use a cm7 build, you hafta flash the market separately. There is a download of this file called gapps.zip that you flash in recovery using the same method that you used to flash the rom which puts the market in your build. Dunno why its that way, just is lol

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

maybe ocn can shed some light on why the market isnt built into the rom, hes more knowledgeable than i

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

it is because ggogle own's the rights to the market and its apps. so when you create a rom and it does not belong to any of the handset maker's, you will need permission by google to add those apps into the rom being created. since cm7 is not sense or moto blur for example, the team behind cm7 could not add them to the rom. when the cyanogen mod team was first putting together their first rom, google sent them a cease and desist letter. so what the team did was make the google apps available in a flashable zip. thus gapps was born.

so to the op you need to go here: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/284413-roms-kernels-download-page.html. under aosp the first thing there is the gapps file. this gapps file is cool because it has sprint's vvm cooked in.

also once you have the market you should get titanium backup to backup all of your apps and its data. it makes it easy to restore those apps after you flash another rom.

dimmythedon and youdoofus like this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews