1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Accounts & Sync turning off by itself

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eyc, Jan 12, 2012.

1. eyc

eyc Well-Known Member
    None

May 2, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Occasionally, I will find that my Accounts & Sync is completely turned off. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

I do not have any profile-changing-app installed. I do not have Tasker installed. However, I think I first experienced the issue when I installed Profile Scheduler. I uninstalled that app, but am still experiencing issues.

If it was, in fact, Profile Scheduler that is causing the issue, is there any way that it can continue to cause the issue even after uninstall?

Please help. This is very troubling, as I will go for periods of time without any syncing without knowing!

Advertisement

2. Wolfeman

Wolfeman Lurker
    None

Nov 20, 2009
    Did you ever figure this out? It's happening to me on my new Nexus.

3. Lohung

Lohung Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    i would try uninstalling any apps 1 at a time that manage phone settings. schedulers, JD, etc... after that i would also try some reboot tests t osee if it is doing it after reboots or maybe after charging it may do it. i havent ever heard of this so this may be a software bug on both of your phones. all else fails sync it up and do a reset... or call verizon and see if they have a fix

also are you rooted/unlocked and running any rooted apps

4. Wolfeman

Wolfeman Lurker
    None

Nov 20, 2009
    I figured it out and feel very dumb...

On the power bar widget I thought the "sync" button was the "auto-rotate button" and kept turning it off. Seems like an odd thing to put on the widget, who turns off sync enough to need that?

Tags: