• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Accuracy/performance of the Multi-Touch keyboard

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing performance issues with the multi-touch keyboard. It's sort of hard to describe what's going on...the software seems to struggle to keep pace with the touch input and as a result keys that are "pressed" are often dropped and not registered.

I saw a video comparison of the Atrix vs. Inspire on youtube the other day where the guy was complaining about the same problem with the MotoBlur keyboard vs. HTC sense keyboard. This leads me to believe that I'm not the only one with this problem and that it is likely a MotoBlur issue.

This keyboard problem is the only big gripe I have with the Atrix so far. I got on my mom's iphone 3G tonight and the keyboard wasn't an issue at all for me. It's really frustrating coming from a Blackberry 9000, which I could type probably 50wpm on, to the Atrix which is an order of magnitude slower to type on mostly because of what I assume is laggy software.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones