• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accurate/Detailed diagnostics tool

I would like to have a diagnostics app which will show everything about every application on the phone. Since people say Task Managers are useless because of androids built in application management I would like to see how true this actually is. The diagnostics tool should record CPU usage, Memory Usage, and Data usage of each app to accuratly determine if they "use battery" even when they are "closed."

I realize there is a built in battery usage tool but this is not very accurate and it does not include all apps.

See my other post for my Task Manager vs Battery Usage Experiment which I did to attempt to provide some insight on the debate. But I would like a more accurate diagnostics tool which can provide more accurate results.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones