1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support AccuWeather App stopped

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Freeball, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Freeball

Freeball Lurker
    None

Mar 18, 2016
    Hi all. Just got a Galaxy S7, had it for about a week, but all of a sudden the AccuWeather app just stopped working. I get the message "Unfortunately, Weather has stopped". Tried a restart, don't want to reset if I can avoid it. can't disable the app and don't see any updates for it on the Galaxy App store. Any ideas other than getting another weather app? I kind of like the one installed. Thanks!

Running S7 from AT&T, Android 6.0.1.

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    this will fix it:

go to Settings/Backup Reset/Reset to Factory Settings.... no changes to apps
    ( this will not do the FDR which erases your phone, it will reset most of the phone back to Factory Defaults so that your app will work again ) refer back to this thread: http://androidforums.com/threads/note-4-no-audio-either-way-on-incoming-calls.1011283/

this "fixed the phone" it now works both ways......
    tech says that an app that was installed with "too many permissions" changed a network setting which nullified incoming call audio. Note to self, and readers here: Keep a list of your apps and the dates they were installed....

3. Freeball

Freeball Lurker
    None

Mar 18, 2016
    Thanks, unfortunately that didn't work. Soon as I try to launch it, I get the same message. I don't recall any apps I installed the day it went down either; so not sure what happened.

4. BustaLime

BustaLime Member
    None

Aug 28, 2015
    Male
    Try going into settings, apps, find the AW app and clear data, fixed it for me.

5. Freeball

Freeball Lurker
    None

Mar 18, 2016
    Thanks, but that didn't work as well. Ah well, guess I'll just live with another weather app. Kind of annoying, hopefully the next update will fix it without me having to reset.