• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi All,

I have windmills live wallpaper loaded and AccuWeather widget loaded,
When it rains I get no rain animation, any one now why, its racking my brains.

:thinking:

You have to leave mobile data/wifi on when you want it to change. Before that press the accuwhether app, then press menu and there's something about an update, choose how often you want it to update.

Upvote 0
I have Samsung Galaxy S2 no rooted and I try this live wallpapers (windmills and ocean), but Im also found like others, this not working.
If outside is rain or something, I get on my phone (live wallpaers) really nice sunny weather, but AccuWeather app working normally.

This is something I like on first place and exactly I dont need this, but if I have on my phone this preinstalled, than why this not working?
And something more, on screen I have text "Weather information from Accuweather.com" and I can not put this annoying thing away.
I try google about this problem and found just few quastion like mine.

I installed new accu weather app from site and still NOT working.
Tried to uninstall this Windmill or Ocean live wallpaper, but can not.
Tried to install new app from some source (SecretWallpaper1.apk - Ocean; SecretWallpaper2.apk - Windmils) and app can not be installed.

And forgot to say - live wallpaper just recognize day and night.

Did someone knows what is going on and how to make this working? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0
It may need GPS on to know where you are, so they know that you're being rained on.

I tried with/without GPS, with/without WIFI, with/without 3G, tried to install some new apk from net, but can not install (allowed to install third party apps), can not uninstall this two preinstalled app.

I tried everything what I found on net, but I got just day/night, sunny/clear weather, nothing more.

Upvote 0
:)

After I tried everything, I just try to install beautiful widgets and beautiful live wallpaper and I'v got to work "Ocean" and "Windmill Live Wallpaper". Now, I don't need to turn on GPS, just must be on some kind of net, over wifi or mobile net and widgets work fine. I don't know what happend, but everything working great now.
Sorry for disturbing.

Upvote 0
I know this is an old thread but I can't get this to work either I have no ideas... like above I've had wifi on/off, GPS on/off and still it doesn't update (live wallpaper that is - the widget works fine). I've got the wallpaper to update every 1/2 hour but its not doing that cos when its raining all day, the wallpaper is telling me its sunny. Any ideas on how to fix it without downloading Beautiful widgets and/or Beautiful live wallpaper? I have a Samsung skyrocket.

Upvote 0
Open Accu weather, open the settings (bottom left of the home key)
Uncheck the "allow to detect my location"
Accu weather will now use whatever location you have entered as your default location. GPS does not need to be on. I've noticed that the wallpaper still doesn't refresh despite being set for refresh every hour. I have to open the wallpaper, open the settings, then back out and it will display the current weather conditions. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones