• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ace is getting gingerbread soon

soudy1994

Mar 20, 2011
Samsung has announced to release Android 2.3 update for their various Galaxy devices. Devices like Galaxy S, Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Ace/Gio/Fit/mini will get the Gingerbread update in the coming weeks via Kies.

The upgrade from Froyo to Gingerbread will bring lots of new features and improvements like faster performance, powerful graphics and improved user interface.

Although there's no clear timeline about other devices, Galaxy S' Android 2.3 should be available in UK and Nordic countries anytime soon followed by other regions.

Source

recently updated and rooted my ace to villainrom 1.0 (Gingerbread 2.3.3), now my phone runs much faster, here are quardrant and neocore result :)

61499995460984453788.jpg
79883103656239191477.jpg

Reactions: aktifit
Upvote 0
i can't really make anything out of these benchmarks and i've heard quadrant isn't very accurate, but mine feels kinda sluggish when i'm scrolling through my homescreen which is seriously freaking me out, so does it still do that with villainrom or samsungs gingerbread?

villainrom isn't perfect yet but with adw launcher, touchscreen is more responsive now, and yes angrybirds rio still choppy (maybe it's processor issue). hd games like hawk hd and nfs shift run flawslessly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones