1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ace not upgrading to gingerbread via kies

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zafar khan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. zafar khan

zafar khan Lurker

hey guyz, i hv galaxy ace with anroid 2.2 ( froyo ) . today i connected it with kies it showed firmware upgrade to gingerbread .
    when i tried to update it failed 2 do..upgrade got stuck at preparing upgrade components :(

plz help me how shud i update it to gingerbread ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zafar khan

zafar khan Lurker

plz sum1 help me :(

3. Dark^Knight

Dark^Knight Newbie

Hey,

I was trying to upgrade S5830, but couldnt via Kies.

Well it gets stuck as soon as it starts... the error i get is "Upgrade Stoped Working"

I did a bit of research online and went through many forums, there is alot of help to do it via other means FLASH, ROOT or through ODIN... Not sure to try any yet....

4. sriniketha

sriniketha Lurker

I am also having the same problem. please can anybody help...?

5. Dark^Knight

Dark^Knight Newbie

I am planning on flashing the phone now... let you know whats happening...

6. jjhen

jjhen Lurker

hi all!

can someone please update this thread? i have a new ace with froyo and i'm planning to upgrade it to gingerbread..was running through the instructions using kies and everything looked pretty simple. however just to make sure, i went to check for reviews and i came through this thread. i am now having second thoughts whether i should go on upgrading through kies. i have odin with me, too.

i emailed samsung philippines for support and was told it would be safe to upgrade and i can do it through kies or i can go to a service center for them to help me.

what happened to your phones after upgrading through kies? were you able to get it back to work?

thanks!

7. nirmit14

nirmit14 Lurker

Hello, I had the same problem while updating through kies.. I tried for few times but failed.
    So I tried Odin. and it worked perfectly.. it takes 10 mins total. to upgrade through Odin. you should try it. its good..

8. Tam3

Tam3 Newbie

Here is a solution may help
    try New Samsung PC suite ....it has firmware upgrade option

if this doesn't help try the latest version of kies

9. praky

praky Well-Known Member

Here is a complete walkthrough with your problem mentioned.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews