• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ace Stuck In Boot Loop, Nothing Works, Help

Bambi831

Lurker
Dec 11, 2012
I got this Samsung Ace just last saturday and I have already problems with this phone.

So, the story goes; I was loading an app on my Ace S5830i and my phone got stuck and got shut off. When trying to restart my phone, it got stuck in a boot loop: The screen shows the Samsung screen, the animation and the Samsung logo. My phone repeats this continuously. When turning off my phone with the on/off button, the screen turns black, but then starts again with that boot loop without touching the on/off button. I have to get my battery out of my phone till it really "turns off".

I searched the web and all the options to get my phone back to normal are one huge fail.

Getting my phone in Recovery Mode(home + power + volume or just home + power button) doesn't work as it should. I do get the menu;
- Reboot system now
- Apply update from sdcard
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe cache partition
But no matter what I select, my phone does nothing! "Reboot system now" restarts my phone, but again, boot loop.

Getting my phone in Download Mode(power + volume) doesn't work either. It says "Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!" now for about two hours and my phone still doesn't do anything. Or I have to do something when it says downloading, only I can't find what I have to do.

I'm in despair and don't know what to do. This is all very frustrating because I just got my phone. Does anybodye know what I can do.
(Oh, and if you speak in technical terms, please tell me what you're talking about, I don't really know much about technique.)

Try the factory reset in that option.
To get to that menu start the phone in recovery mode by pressing:pOWER+VOLUME UP+HOME buttons

The download mode is of no use if you are not giving the phone any source to download from, for now its useless for you unless you want to manually install a fresh android software on your phone yourself.
But since your phone is new and probably in warranty, you may want to just take it to the samsung service center and they will install a fresh software for you. Its your only option if the factory reset does not help you.

Upvote 0
Try the factory reset in that option.
To get to that menu start the phone in recovery mode by pressing:pOWER+VOLUME UP+HOME buttons

The download mode is of no use if you are not giving the phone any source to download from, for now its useless for you unless you want to manually install a fresh android software on your phone yourself.
But since your phone is new and probably in warranty, you may want to just take it to the samsung service center and they will install a fresh software for you. Its your only option if the factory reset does not help you.

Thanks for your reply. I already called the Samsung Service yesterday, they said they couldn't do anything with my phone. I called the shop yesterday and they said I could just return the phone within' 14 days. That's what I'm gonna do today.. it's not like I have to wait or anything to get my money back. I haven't even paid the phone, haha.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. I already called the Samsung Service yesterday, they said they couldn't do anything with my phone. I called the shop yesterday and they said I could just return the phone within' 14 days. That's what I'm gonna do today.. it's not like I have to wait or anything to get my money back. I haven't even paid the phone, haha.

Thats cool, but it can be fixed easily. Its a boot loop after all, a fresh install would solve it, its not bricked yet.
Service center is just washing their hands off, its a new device and its replaceable so they don't want to spend time in fixing it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones