• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Busa72

Lurker
Nov 12, 2010
Well I picked my Acer today and I'm impressed. This forum has been very helpful in helping me decide which tablet to bring home. This is my first tab however I've been using my samsung galaxy epic for about 10 months...the epic is cool but this Acer is the cats meow for surfing the web and email. Wifi is full bars on the signal about 200` from my router so signal seems good. Anyhow just excited to make my first post with the Acer...should I have purchased the extended warranty...any thoughts? :cool:

I didn't.
The warranty was 1/3 the cost of the tablet. If mine dies Ill just tare it apart so I can see whats inside.
But the warranty is a personal preference for sure. If you want you probably get it. This is my first tablet also and I love this acer. If your ever into getting root on this the link for info is here How To Root An Acer Iconia A500 - xda-developers

There are some functions you cant get without root so if you want to it is simple and quick. And you can unroot it if you want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones