1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Acer A500 and Macs

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by timferris, Apr 25, 2011.

1. timferris

timferris Lurker
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    Hello all.

I'm a mac user and have everything mac as i love the experience and OSX. However when i bought the old iPad i forgave the none flash for a while but when the iPad 2 came out again with no flash support i just could not justify buying one as i watch lots of streamed content that requires flash. So i sold my old iPad and bought the Acer A500 (after lots of research)

Its a stunning tablet and really feels good. I do miss the app store though as the Android Market is a little chaotic and lots of apps don't work etc, however i love being able to use flash.
    Anyway, when i bought the tablet, i asked in Dixons if it was mac compatible. He said yes i so i took it home. The instructions do not say it is ,or it isn't, but the mac will not recognise it which for a mac is strange. Not even as a mass storage device. Nothing. I went to the accer website to download drivers, but they seem to be just for a PC.

Can anyone help as i cant transfer andy music etc.

Thanks in advance

Tim

Advertisement

2. briankh

briankh Member
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    you need a program on your mac called Android File Transfer.

Android.com

3. gabeyong

gabeyong Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    just install & use WiFi File Explorer PRO v1.2.0.apk on your Iconia Tab. You can then use any OS and any internet browser to access your Iconia Tab A500.

If you hook up (via USB) to your mac, OSX leaves lots of ._xxx index data all over your internal memory. really messy.

4. timferris

timferris Lurker
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    Thanks for the tips guys i'll give that a go, this is better advice than i got from acer, they just said, they don't know and i had to call a 50p per minute phone line! Can you imagine Apple doing that, laughable

Thanks again
    Tim