1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Acer A500 to HDTV video problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ADudesAndroid, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ADudesAndroid

ADudesAndroid Lurker
    None

May 18, 2011
    A month or so ago I bought the Acer Iconia A500 tablet. I am really impressed with it so far but am having a problem watching videos from it while connected via HDMI cable to an HDTV.

I tried two TVs, a Vizio TV and a Sharp Aquos TV. The Sharp TV isn't getting any sound. That is an older TV but the newer Vizio TV has sound.

Both get the image of the video but unfortunately the display doesn't fit onto the TV screen. Some of the video is cut. It looks better on the Sharp Aquos TV but with no sound (and since I lost the remote control for that TV) I am looking for a solution on the Vizio TV.

Most of the video does not fit properly in the Vizio TV. The edges of the screen, both on the top, bottom and side edges, cannot be seen as they are off screen on the HDTV display.

I tried shrinking the display size (both H-Size and V-Size on the HDTV settings) but at the smallest setting there are still portions left out.

How do I get the screen to fit perfectly? Both HDTVs are full HD TVs (1080p). Thanks in advanced for any help and advice I can get.

Advertisement

2. splatoid

splatoid Android Enthusiast
    None

May 12, 2011
    Repair Technician for Grocery stores Auto meat wra
    Washington State
    I didn't reply cause I didn't know what the problem could be.
    Have you got it figured out?

3. chef_adrian

chef_adrian Member
    None

Apr 25, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm having the same problem. All the edges are cut on my 40inch Samsung LCD. I've seen that when connected, the navigation bar at the bottom doesn't show on the screen but the rest of the edges are cut. Like the back button in the browser is non existent.

I can't change any settings on my TV either.

Btw it doesn't work on my other LCD TV either.

Thanks