• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Acer Iconia A500 cannot connect to routers

oscarsantos

Lurker
Jul 11, 2011
Hi, glad to be a member of this forum.

I would like to bring to the attention of the android developers that their upgrade V3.1 has a bug.

Last Saturday, I downloaded an offer of upgrade to V3.1.

The next thing I realized, I can not connect to my home wifi router. I tested bringing my Tab to other wifi spots and I can not connect to all of them.

I got information from the web that this is cause by the V3.1 and a simple factory reset will correct the bug.

I will not do this simple suggestion because I bought so many apps already. Resetting the tab will erase all the downloaded apps. I repeat, I BOUGHT many, not free, apps already.

Anyone got any idea about this recent issue?

Please help. Android developers please review your software. May I suggest that you find & correct the fault and release a patch for this in the web.

Oh thats good to hear. Are you suggesting I go ahead with total factory reset? Ok, that, I think is what you mean with your good news. I am not really clear on how to recover my apps purchases though I know I received confirmations of my purchases in google account. But I will go ahead with the factory reset and deal with apps recovery afterwards, I am confident that you can help me in case I will encounter problems.

Upvote 0
Yes, go ahead with the factory reset and when you're going through the start up process, sign in with the same gmail account you used before.

When you go to the Androind market for the first time, all your paid apps will show up under "my apps" from the menu setting as "purchased" and you'll be able to download them again at no cost. If you have other apps that aren't paid apps, they may or may not show up and you'll have to search for them again.

Upvote 0
I just activated the factory reset. Its been almost 3 minutes after the image of an android robot appeared with rolling gears and afterwards the android logo appeared and then nothing for almost 3 minutes as of this typing. Is this normal? How long will this nothingness continue, what should I expect?

Upvote 0
shawn, everythings fine now. My thank you to your assistance. Just a feedback of my experience. That nothingness was a hang. I put the unit off then on again and everything run smoothly after that. You are right that my paid apps were in my apps though not all of them, can't understand why. Now I will try to recover those by my google mail confirmations. Thanks once again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones