1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Acer Iconia tab - GLARE problem! PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by planetmillion, Jul 4, 2011.

1. planetmillion

planetmillion New Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Hi everyone,

I bought Acer Iconia tab a500 a couple of weeks ago, it works correctly, but I have one big issue: the screen glares a lot, and my eyes get really tired when reading it. I see myself like in a mirror most of the time.

I also bought POSRUS antiglare screen protector;
    Amazon.com: POSRUS Antiglare Antifingerprint Screen Protector for Acer Iconia A500 Tablet: Electronics
    It only helped a bit; I can read books @ night, but not during the day. The screen still glares a lot when reading it outside, not in the sun though.

What can I do? Any suggestions? I adjusted the brightness of the screen - made it as bright as possbile. What else can I do to avoid the irritating shining screen?

Are there perhaps any apps to download to make the screen brighter when reading it on a bright sommer day?

Advertisement

2. splatoid

splatoid Well-Known Member

May 12, 2011
    Repair Technician for Grocery stores Auto meat wra
    Washington State
    The only solution is to keep it with the sun in front of you.
    I don't know of any good solution. Its how most screens are being made these days. It doesn't bother me anymore If I want to watch a movie in my van on my lunch break I just find a shady spot. My sister is also really bugged by the screen. Hell I cant even see my phone screen anymore cause of the screens. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

3. sunnydude

sunnydude Member

Jul 5, 2011
    rockstarinlife and jassconrad like this.
  4. splatoid

splatoid Well-Known Member

May 12, 2011
    Repair Technician for Grocery stores Auto meat wra
    Washington State
    I was just looking at one today. I'm going to have to get one of those.