• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Acer Iconia tab - GLARE problem! PLEASE HELP!

Hi everyone,

I bought Acer Iconia tab a500 a couple of weeks ago, it works correctly, but I have one big issue: the screen glares a lot, and my eyes get really tired when reading it. I see myself like in a mirror most of the time.

I also bought POSRUS antiglare screen protector;
Amazon.com: POSRUS Antiglare Antifingerprint Screen Protector for Acer Iconia A500 Tablet: Electronics
It only helped a bit; I can read books @ night, but not during the day. The screen still glares a lot when reading it outside, not in the sun though.

What can I do? Any suggestions? I adjusted the brightness of the screen - made it as bright as possbile. What else can I do to avoid the irritating shining screen?

Are there perhaps any apps to download to make the screen brighter when reading it on a bright sommer day?

The only solution is to keep it with the sun in front of you.
I don't know of any good solution. Its how most screens are being made these days. It doesn't bother me anymore If I want to watch a movie in my van on my lunch break I just find a shady spot. My sister is also really bugged by the screen. Hell I cant even see my phone screen anymore cause of the screens. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones