1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Acer Liquid E Annoying problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bloodhay, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Bloodhay

Bloodhay Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    Im not a genius with smart phones at all, both me and my brother have Acer liquid E's on the Fido network, we got our phones from the same place only a few days apart from eachother, both of our phones have the same problem.

The turn off randomly it used to be around 50% battery then it slowly got work 65% 80% i have had it turn off by itself at 85% and not want to stay on at all for an extended period of time! I have done the factory reset pulled the battery hit the little reset button but tops it will stay on for is 30sec-5min and tends to turn off during phone calls no matter the battery life.

If i plug it in to charge sometimes it will go into a constant loop of turning on then forcing itself off :S gets annoying and pisses me off.

Talked to fido and they didnt really tell me anything other than factory reset.

This happened after the 2.2 update for me, but my brothers started about 1 week after he got it, but he works on the rigs and doesnt get much/any time to deal with it.

I am at a complete loss as to what to do, i might as well have a brick here.

Advertisement

2. Bloodhay

Bloodhay Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    No suggestions? Then how might i switch back to 2.1? phone seemed to work fine then.

3. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Android Expert
    None

Apr 6, 2010
    Student
    Sugar Land, TX
    That is insanely weird. Never heard of anything like this and I honestly have no clue.

I don't think I can recommend hacking as I think you might have a defective phone (and might need to exchange it).

4. cflange

cflange Lurker
    None

Aug 21, 2011
    Edmonton, Canada
    I have seen this short life in forums before I got my Liquid E. But all turned out to be faulty hardware (google for "liquid e battery"). I have a Fido Liquid E running Android 2.2.2 and no problem.
    Insist with them to exchange your phone!

5. Bloodhay

Bloodhay Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    Thanks for the responses, i will go in on Friday and talk to them, hopefully they will straight up replace it and not give me some phone from 2005 while they take 6 weeks to tell me its a defective phone :\

6. arghpatel

arghpatel Lurker
    None

Aug 30, 2011
    I'm experiencing the same issues as you, did you hear back from Rogers? I couldn;t find any issues in the knowledge base on the Acer site about updates, it's VERY annoying to have calls drop mid conversation.

not sure if i'd get another Acer Andorid, HTC and Samsung seem to be doing much better...