• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Acer Recovery Installer on A100

OK, in case any of you are wondering if the Acer Recovery Installer app from the market works on the A100, the answer is no.

At least for the moment it doesn't work.

I downloaded and ran it on my rooted A100, then selected the option to install Clockwork Recovery and ran it.

I then asked the app to reboot me into the newly installed recovery but I just got:

Recovery verified failed ...
Spin forever

So, if this happened to you, don't panic. Just power off, then back on and your device should boot right up as normal.

If at this point you hold the volume up (instead of down like the A500) and power up, then it seems to try and boot into recovery or do something but then just errors out and gets stuck again.

Anyhow, I sent the info to the developer and I am still experimenting. More info as I have it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones