• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Acer Sync not finding tablet

GeneD

Lurker
Dec 26, 2011
I have been trying to set up Acer Sync on my laptop. I click the "+" button and it starts scanning for devices, but it never comes back - just keeps scanning and scanning. I have my A100 connected to the same WiFi router, and I also tried connecting directly via the USB, but to no avail. Anyone else experience this problem, and/or know of a solution?

I have this same problem. I am using the USB cable to connect to my (Dell, Windows 7) notebook. Windows explorer can see the mobile device and recongnizes it as an Acer Iconia A100. It shows the device memory and the external microSD card.

So Windows recognizes the device, but the Acerlink software doesn't see it.

Is there some trick as to which has to be attached first?

Any other suggestions?

Upvote 0
I finally got this to work. When I booted my PC yesterday, I got a Windows Security Alert that said "Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this program". I clicked to allow network access and then started Acer Sync on both the PC and the tablet. On the tablet, I clicked on the menu button in the top right corner, and selected "Settings". There are two options to auto-enable USB and/or Wi-Fi sync. I enabled Wi-Fi sync and then the programs went through a process to pair the PC and tablet applications. After that everything worked fine, and I assume it will work similarly via USB if that is your preference. It's a nice application - it creates separate directories on both devices where you can move or copy files you want to sync. It would have been nice if this installation process had been documented somewhere.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones