• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Acid Test for Droid X?

Hey guys, so I was checking out some blackberries today in the Verizon store and my buddy told me that they were coming out with a new OS for the blackberrys and that it was supposedly pretty sick. I found this link on crackberry in the Blackberry OS6 discussion section and since I don't have a Droid X I was wondering if someone would want to run the tests that they ran on the slider berry that isn't released yet and see what your results are. Just curious is all. I also saw that no one had posted on this and just thought what the heck. Hahaha. So if anyone feels like it let me know. They test the Iphone 4, Droid Inc (on 2.1), and the Blackberry Slider 9800 (on OS6).

Link to youtube video and tests run:
Blackberry WebKit Browser Vs Android and iPhone! Salomondrin

Link to crackberry forum where it was posted:
BlackBerry 6 Videos / Articles - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Blackberry is done the new OS 6.0 will be another failure for rim. I left them after using both the Storms what a failure they were. Now they are releasing a new web kit browser but more than eighty precent of the existing owners won't be able to get it because their device is already outdated. This is going to piss a lot of people off and that's were Android will gain even more new customers. Take a look at the largest carrier Verizon they are putting all their eggs into Android because they know were the trend is going!

Upvote 0
I know right. My bro in law was saying how I should get a berry cause they are the best and I was researching what id be paying for with the data plan it's basically the Internet and I was like ummm no. Lol granted they are great devices for emails and SMS stuff, but not for Internet. I just don't know why they didn't use the droid x in the test considering they are using brand new and almost released phones. RIM should have released something like this a long time ago. Just curious what if the droid x scored higher than the iPhone 4.

Upvote 0
Hey mods, just curious, but why was this moved to support and troubleshooting forums? It has nothing to do with any support for the phone or troubleshooting. It's a comparison of three browsers. Lol, I guess I'm just not understanding why it was moved. I posted it in the main section cause I felt it didn't appropriately fall under any of the qualifications for any of the sub forums that I looked into earlier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones