• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ACS] Clockwork Mod Recovery for Transform Ultra

Pull down your notification bar and select "usb file transfer" or something like that... it will bring you to a page that will allow you to turn it into a mass storage device which is neccesary to transfer stuff while plugged into the computer. Is that it or will it not transfer despite doing that?

Does this link work? Samsung Transform Ultra Tutorial

Well the thing is I don't have that opinion in the notification bar anymore all I get is USB debugging thanks for replying anyways :)

Upvote 0
Ok then do it from settings > wireless and networks > usb connection.

Yeah I tried that to I put it on ask on connect and also tried mass storage. I have tried this with 4 diff SD cards and none worked well they worked but i cant get any of them to let me trun on USB storage. I guess its not to big of a deal because I can push the files with ADB or i can just use the micro SD adapter but now its got me confused because all i did was flash the green theme like it said to.

Upvote 0
This:
https://github.com/Blefish/android_device_huawei_u8800/issues/1

Seems to confirm what interdpth was saying causes CWM to reboot every 2 minutes.

Adding rmt_storage and it's dependent libs to a correct path should fix the CWM 2 minute reboot bug. The problem is....I have very little understanding of how to mount a recovery image, add the files, unmount it and then flash the new recovery.

I can do everything but actually mount an RFS partition image. I have tried various methods with no success.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: One more thing...I think I know why /system refuses to unmount after a backup or restore on the TU. Since rmt_storage dependant libraries are called from /system during the backup or restore, /system will refuse to unmount while it is running. I have yet to find a way short of killing that process to unmount /system....and I do not want to kill rmt_storage while it has something mounted(like /dev/block/mmcblk0p1).

~ # umount /system
umount: can't umount /system: Device or resource busy

148 1 nobody S 5932 1.5 0.0 /sbin/rmt_storage /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
That ^^^ is what is keeping CWM alive after a backup or restore is done.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit2:
With /system unmounted, I get this:
/sbin # ./rmt_storage
/sbin/sh: ./rmt_storage: not found

With /system mounted, rmt_storage runs. Also, after mounting /system and running rmt_storage manually, CWM stays up forever. :D

Adding something close to this to a zip updater-script might allow it to be flashed without a 2 minute reboot in the middle of the flash:

run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");
run_program("/sbin/rmt_storage");
EDIT3: That ^^^^ does not work...at least in my CM9 zip. It freezes CWM.

Of course, you would not be able to unmount /system after the zip flashes:

run_program("/sbin/busybox", "umount", "/system") <<< That would most likely fail.

Upvote 0
This:
https://github.com/Blefish/android_device_huawei_u8800/issues/1

Seems to confirm what interdpth was saying causes CWM to reboot every 2 minutes.

Adding rmt_storage and it's dependent libs to a correct path should fix the CWM 2 minute reboot bug. The problem is....I have very little understanding of how to mount a recovery image, add the files, unmount it and then flash the new recovery.

I can do everything but actually mount an RFS partition image. I have tried various methods with no success.

Edit: One more thing...I think I know why /system refuses to unmount after a backup or restore on the TU. Since rmt_storage dependant libraries are called from /system during the backup or restore, /system will refuse to unmount while it is running. I have yet to find a way short of killing that process to unmount /system....and I do not want to kill rmt_storage while it has something mounted(like /dev/block/mmcblk0p1).

~ # umount /system
umount: can't umount /system: Device or resource busy

148 1 nobody S 5932 1.5 0.0 /sbin/rmt_storage /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
That ^^^ is what is keeping CWM alive after a backup or restore is done.

Edit2:
With /system unmounted, I get this:
/sbin # ./rmt_storage
/sbin/sh: ./rmt_storage: not found

With /system mounted, rmt_storage runs. Also, after mounting /system and running rmt_storage manually, CWM stays up forever. :D

Adding something close to this to a zip updater-script might allow it to be flashed without a 2 minute reboot in the middle of the flash:

run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");
run_program("/sbin/rmt_storage");
EDIT3: That ^^^^ does not work...at least in my CM9 zip. It freezes CWM.

Of course, you would not be able to unmount /system after the zip flashes:

run_program("/sbin/busybox", "umount", "/system") <<< That would most likely fail.

So its basically a job from hell to try and get this 2 minute bug removed? what about the new kernel for FC29 update? has anyone tried to see if the 2 minute bug is still there?

Upvote 0
Ok, have a question, or maybe a problem.. not sure I'm getting

CWM for Transform Ultra Installer

Using zergRush to automate this
./run.sh: line 23: syntax error near unexpected token `All'
./run.sh: line 23: `echo (All credit for exploit go to the creators)'

when I run the run.sh in a terminal. I'm using Lubuntu, and although my phone does say that it's rooted, and I can access Superuser. Though when I try to boot into recovery, I get

Android system recovery <3e>

Volume up/down...blah blah blah

reboot system now
Apply update from /sdcard
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

E: Can't find misc
E: update file is backed up: not updated

I don't see where I would be able to backup and then install a Rom.

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Upvote 0
Ok, have a question, or maybe a problem.. not sure I'm getting

Read this:
Initializing a Build Environment | Android Open Source
The USB part: Configuring USB Access

OR:

There is another way to get CWM to your device:

Read this and flash CWM recovery using the quick unbrick instruction at the top:
http://androidforums.com/transform-...ing-return-stock-samsung-transform-ultra.html

Quick unbrick instructions: Read this How-To and and flash this:
Samsung Transform Ultra CWM: tu_CWM_recovery - Minus
984faccaecf0c7ff87eb0e819f4ae99a tu_CWM_recovery.tar

OR:
Try running the .bat from a Windoze box.

Reactions: zomb98
Upvote 0
Tried with Wine, but sadly a no go I get:

ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon Cleaning up files...
* failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon Cleaning up files... * daemon not running. starting it now *
error: cannot connect to daemon * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon Cleaning up files... * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK
* daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon Cleaning up files... * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon *
ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon Cleaning up files... * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon
* failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon Cleaning up files... * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon * daemon not running. starting it now *
error: cannot connect to daemon Cleaning up files... * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK
Cleaning up files... * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon *
* daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon
ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon Rebooting to keep your phone safe
* failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon Rebooting to keep your phone safe * daemon not running. starting it now *
error: cannot connect to daemon * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon Rebooting to keep your phone safe * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK
* daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon Rebooting to keep your phone safe * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon *
ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon Rebooting to keep your phone safe * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon
* failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon Rebooting to keep your phone safe * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon You should have CWM!
error: cannot connect to daemon Rebooting to keep your phone safe * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon You should have CWM!
Rebooting to keep your phone safe * daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon You should have CWM! Have a wonderful day!
* daemon not running. starting it now * ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon You should have CWM! Have a wonderful day! Press Return key to continue:
ADB server didn't ACK * failed to start daemon * error: cannot connect to daemon You should have CWM! Have a wonderful day! Press Return key to continue:

Upvote 0
Let me ask you this... was it able to start the daemon?

Ok what's say we download the whole install package again... I'm thinking maybe something got corrupted or maybe its something simple like when you extracted you didn't choose everything (ie: the folder with the daemon in it). So please try redownloading, rextracting and retrying :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones