1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [ACS] [HOW TO] Root, Unroot, Flash Roms/Kernels/Themes, and CWM! (3 videos) 9/11/11

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by qbking77, Sep 14, 2011.

1. qbking77

qbking77 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Illinois
    Hey guys... since many of you don't go to the Nexus S 4G development page (I hope) I figured I'd post these how to videos here as well! I will only post the ones that work for both devices! Let me know what you think!

How to root and clockworkmod the Nexus S / S 4G with one click root v3.0:
    How to root and clockworkmod the Nexus S / S 4G with one click root v3.0 - YouTube

How to flash the Matr1x Kernel on the Nexus S / S 4G and overclock to 1.4Ghz:
    How to flash the Matr1x Kernel on the Nexus S / S 4G and overclock to 1.4Ghz - YouTube

How to fix your Nexus S / S 4G Super Amoled Display Colors:
    How to fix your Nexus S / S 4G Super Amoled Display Colors - YouTube

Youtube Channel:
    qbking77's Channel - YouTube

Advertisement

2. monsterduc1000

monsterduc1000 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    About the video on fixing the colours on your Nexus S, those gamma values you inputted looked to create a loss of dark level shadow detail (black crush) which may look to improve your phones black levels, but are in fact inaccurate. You can see on the grey scale on the bottom of the phone in the video where the grey level on the left starts to turn to black when in reality, the grey scale of the phones original settings look pretty bang on. It may decrease the "washed out" look you don't like, but you are creating an inaccurate grey scale that wrecks the phones shadow detail, and you will lose details in the darker levels of pictures and videos.

And as for the other setting, you are creating a very bluish tinted picture, again seen by the grey scale at the bottom of the phone in the video. You can watch it go from a natural looking grey/white to having a bluish tint, which is very inaccurate if you want true colours. The settings you input may create more "pop" but they are far from an optimized or calibrated picture.

The phone is actually quite accurate. If you want to check out your phones gamma and colour accuracy, there are many sites you can google on your phone to check this. Just type in calibration tests or grey scale tests. They will explain what accurate/lifelike settings are supposed to be like.

Tags: