1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ACS updater to flash roms?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by creed10, Aug 12, 2012.

1. creed10

creed10 Android Enthusiast

I asked around on yahoo answers about using the app acs updater to flash roms kernels etc. I got a reply saying it was possible w/out bricking but I just wanted to make sure. Has anybody else tried it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

That app doesn't have anything compatible with our phone, but it does let you name your backup prior to it being created (so long as you don't include and spaces or " / " in the name)

creed10 likes this.
  3. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

acs updater was a dead in teh water project. the problem was when people submitted their roms you had to edit a csv and add in each rom and the info line by line. was tremendously annoying and took a lot of time. you want to be able to flash roms on the go, grab goo manager and ask your rom devs to use em. top notch service and really nice people.

wyelkins, creed10 and Rarewolf like this.
  4. creed10

I see. Well, thanks for the info anyway! Ever since I read about rim manager on thus phone, AND how rom manager soft bricked my tablet, I haven't been able to trust rom-flashing apps

5. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

its not rom flashing apps. rom manager detects the devices based off files in the ramdisk, when you click on flash cwm a list of devices should appear and ask which one.. its when you pick a device that isnt yours that causes issues :/

things like acs updater were safe due to it not flashing a recovery.. same goes for goo manager :)

creed10 likes this.
  6. creed10

Ohhhh I see :D

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews