• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Activating new Gmail account on unlocked G1 Phone

singhlms

Lurker
Nov 29, 2008
I just bought an unlocked G1 Phone in Dubai. My Dubai SIM is working. I made APN settings of my carrier and is working fine. But my unlocked phone has a gmail activation in its reseller name and when ever I start the phone it can not srinc as I do not have a password for it. EVen if I have the password, it will be of no use to me. If anyone an advise me that how to activate my own g mail account. And if done it should not lock the phone. Please help me out.

I just bought an unlocked G1 Phone in Dubai. My Dubai SIM is working. I made APN settings of my carrier and is working fine. But my unlocked phone has a gmail activation in its reseller name and when ever I start the phone it can not srinc as I do not have a password for it. EVen if I have the password, it will be of no use to me. If anyone an advise me that how to activate my own g mail account. And if done it should not lock the phone. Please help me out.

Take a look at this page:
http://www.droidsans.com/node/55

It'll tell you how to reset everything, including the GMail account.

Ray.

Upvote 0
hey! look, I have Zain with me, its not really working out well at the moment, I think I will need to get back to Dubai, and then activate it there, I have tried many times to the extent I gave up on getting a GPRS activated for my line, and they always keep on responding with WOW? I already have it, but it seems they can't work it out... I think I will go to a showroom after Eid or something, but this is at the moment getting sooooo on my nerves!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones