• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Activating phone online

If I purchase the Incredible at full price (not subsidized) will I be able to activate it online without changing my plan (old Alltel plan)?
I currently have an old Alltel Unlimited Data Plan (Connect Pack 1) and only pay $9.99 a month and DO NOT want to lose this. I am currently using an Alltel Touch Pro and have never activated a phone online. When I go online to activate the Incredible will it make me upgrade my data to the $29.99? OR will it just automatically see that I have a data plan and let me activate?

If for some reason it makes me upgrade to the $29.99 plan activating it online, would it be possible to just go into a store, extend my contract for 2 yrs, get a subsidized price for the phone and keep the same data plan?

Thanks for your help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones