1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support activating phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmleon92, Feb 21, 2011.

1. jmleon92

jmleon92 Member

Feb 17, 2011
    so im switching over from Sprint/Nextel to Virgin Mobile from the Moto i1 to the Optimus V. I ordered my phone almost a week ago and it should be here soon and im so excited! however, i read somewhere that if u wanted to transfer the number from ur other carrier then u had to wait like an aditional 3 days to activate it. is this true? cuz that person didnt specify and didnt answer to the post so i didnt know what exactly happened in his case. thanks in advance for the info! i really dont wanna end up waiting 9+ days to use my new phone! o:

Advertisement

2. digitaljeannie

digitaljeannie Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2010
    If you want to port your number you can request the port when you do the activation process online. It may take up to 3 days for the port to complete which may be what they meant but you don't have to wait 3 days to activate. They will probably give you a temporary number to get you started until the porting has been completed.

jmleon92 likes this.
  3. jmleon92

jmleon92 Member

Feb 17, 2011
    that is good to hear! thanks and i hope ur right!

4. jj2me

jj2me Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Not applicable to the mobile-to-VM port of this thread, but I just got off the phone with VM for a Verizon landline-to-VM port. 1st agent: "4 to 6 weeks." 2nd agent: "6 weeks."

Gah!

EDIT: Found this from VM:

5. digitaljeannie

digitaljeannie Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Seeing as how you're moving your number from one Sprint subsidiary to another, it shouldn't take that long. It may not even take a full 24 hours.

jmleon92 likes this.
  6. jmleon92

jmleon92 Member

Feb 17, 2011
    guess we'll find out soon... my phone is supposed to arrive in 2 days... unless theres a delay..

Tags: