1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root activating spectrum

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sharaa09, Jan 19, 2014.

1. sharaa09

sharaa09 Newbie
    None

Sep 22, 2012
    Male
    india
    I am Kannan from India.I am trying to activate this phone here.It is on cm 10.1.3 and I am able to hear service provider's ivr but the dialler does not pop up to select the language option.If i downgrade to stock zv6, it says simcard required for activation eventhough have selected cdma/evdo auto.Gurus here help me to activate this phone.
    Thanks
    Kannan

Advertisement

2. Neph81

Neph81 Android Expert
    None

Mar 3, 2012
    Male
    Wisconsin
    This phone does not properly support OTA activation for CDMA, as it was built to be LTE. A few people have had luck with online retailers that use CDMAWorkshop to manually program it.

Please see these threads, which describe some of the issues that others have come across:
    http://androidforums.com/spectrum-all-things-root/701814-3g-last-but-one-question.html
    http://androidforums.com/lg-spectrum/683503-manual-programming-lg-spectrum.html
    http://androidforums.com/lg-spectrum/699939-help-guide-flashing-spectrum-pageplus.html

sharaa09 and Rxpert83 like this.
  3. koki7710

koki7710 Member
    None

Feb 16, 2013
    In the USA the LG Spectrum was made for Verizon ( maybe in India Verizon has a similar counterpart ) designed to be used with a sim card 4g LTE on Ruim / sim mode. I flashed it to Verizon prepaid pay as you go plan , and had to use Stock Icecream Rom to access programming ; then I flashed same Rom as you : Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 ( best stable Jellybean Rom ) and dialed *228 ( code to OTA programming in USA ) and just let it do the programming automatically, press on speaker and heard asking for choices 1 to activate or 2 to do a PRL . I did nothing and it picked choice # 1 ( activate ) after 2/3 minutes it said activation successful ( it was true , phone had a new phone # and a new PRL ) was able to do talk , txt and data 1Xrtt (156 kbps). I'm not sure but maybe if you replicate steps it might work also in India .

sharaa09 and Neph81 like this.
  4. sharaa09

sharaa09 Newbie
    None

Sep 22, 2012
    Male
    india
    thanks for the reply.This phone was received as a gift from usa.There is no verizon in india.I already read your post about sucessful activation.Here you have to first select the language option to activate.So at the end of ivr I receive message that my phone could not be activated.Anyway thanks.I will revert back after activating somehow.
    Kannan

5. koki7710

koki7710 Member
    None

Feb 16, 2013
    Vodafone India it is partners with the US Verizon , maybe you should try to get a Vodafone 4g LTE sim card so the phone connects to proper networks , or use a local Vodafone India cellphone and use it as donor phone. This LG Spectrum are the easiest to program ( always in stock rom and you need DFS cdma tool (free demo) and the CDMA-WS 2.7 (free ,you have to find it ) . Anyway here's a link from XDA forums with same topic.. [Q] How can i change from verizon to a carrier in India? - xda-developers

sharaa09 likes this.
Tags: