1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Activation Issues?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrhomiec, Dec 16, 2011.

1. mrhomiec

mrhomiec Android Enthusiast
    None

May 16, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    Arizona
    so i was able to pick up this phone yesterday around 5pm local time (Arizona), and i was at the Verizon store for about an hour, and they were not able to activate my phone.

after waiting this long, they told me to just take it home and try to activate it at another time. jump to now (1pm), and i'm still unable to activate my phone.

i get the Activating screen, but after about 10 minutes, i get the following message

"Couldn't activate
    Your mobile data service couldn't be activated. This may be a temporary problem, and may be solved by restarting the phone."

i assumed this was because of the amount of people getting this phone and trying to activate. has anyone come across this?

Advertisement

2. publicanimal

publicanimal Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 25, 2009
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I'm currently experiencing the same issue. I'll let you know if I resolve it on my own.

EDIT: I feel like a bonehead. I forgot to call Verizon first to activate the new phone. Once I called their automated system already knew why I was calling and walked me through the steps. Then I booted the Galaxy Nexus and it activated quickly.

3. mrhomiec

mrhomiec Android Enthusiast
    None

May 16, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    Arizona
    i'll try that when i get off work today. but i find it odd that i would have to do that when i bought it from a store, instead of online.

i'll post my findings later!

EDIT: so! i called up Verizon. they did some troubleshooting over the phone. they ended up coming to the conclusion my brand new SIM card was busted. i had to go back to the Verizon store. get a new SIM card, and voila! it activated with no problem.

4. bigvinny

bigvinny Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 10, 2010
    (Censored)
    NY
    Same issue here. I made sure I inserted microSIM card correctly (spring loaded and all), but still getting same error over and over.:(

5. bigvinny

bigvinny Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 10, 2010
    (Censored)
    NY
    bah, I'm an idiot. I have to call Verizon Wireless to activate the device from their end first. Then insert SIM card and let it activate.

Tags: