1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Activation problem after flashing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Psiloveyoum0re, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Psiloveyoum0re

None

Feb 15, 2011
    I flashed my phone with cyanogen mod 7. I couldn't activate because I was no longer on my Alltel network. So I RUU back to my stock ROM and everything is good, except I still can't activate my phone. I'm stuck using my old lg scoop. Can anyone help me out? Do I need to call customer service? And if I do, what do I say to keep them from finding out that I rooted my phone.

This is a replacement phone and I activated it and rooted the day of, but when I flashed, it all messed up so I activated my old phone. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Also, when I try to activate my desire through the Alltel website, I get this message "Unfortunately, there's an error with your request. The ESN/MEID is associated with another wireless carrier, a wireless Internet card, an analog phone, or a non-e911 compliant phone. For assistance, please call Customer Service."

Advertisement

2. Don'tKnowMuch

Don'tKnowMuch Lurker
    None

Jan 29, 2011
    The online message you're getting is possibly due to the Desire being a smartphone. You'd need to call CS to get the Desire on your account (assuming the phone's ESN is clear). Also, just don't mention the flash or rooting to them because (a)they don't care, and (b)most likely they wouldn't know what that means anyway. Can you dial out (test using *611) ?

Psiloveyoum0re likes this.
  3. Psiloveyoum0re

None

Feb 15, 2011
    Thank you for your reply. You have been the most help on this subject and I have posted at two other forums. Yes I can dial out. Also, what do you mean about my ESN being clear?
    And could this have anything to do with my phone being flashed?

I also tried doing it through *228 and it tells me it is unable to program my phone.

4. Psiloveyoum0re

None

Feb 15, 2011
    Problem solved! Called alltel and she just had to deactivate my lg scoop so I could activate my Desire! You were right Don'tKnowMuch. I couldn't do it online because it was a smart phone. Thanks for your help!

Tags: