1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Activation question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chinespa, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Chinespa

Chinespa Member

Mar 5, 2012
    I bought a new Kyocera Hydro today. I like the phone except that it bugs me to activate it every time I turn it on. I don't plan to activate it because I bought it to use as a GPS and camera. I bought it mainly because it is water proof and I know how easily water ruins most phones. Does anyone know how to make it stop bugging me to activate? I suppose someone must know a trick? It tries to connect but makes an annoying sound when it can't. That sound is kinda high pitched and distracting. I have 15 days to return it and I probably will. Once activated does it stay activated permanently? I don't want to give them my name and address. I even paid cash (they didn't ask for any id or anything like that, just tried to sell me a service plan).

Advertisement

2. Chinespa

Chinespa Member

Mar 5, 2012
    I have decided to get a Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0. It isn't waterproof or as inexpensive as the Hydro. I have decided that for my purposes the Galaxy Player would be most suitable. I have decided that because I like their big screens and the Galaxy Players have most of the functionality of a phone but do not need activation or worse...data plans:(. The player does not have cellular parts. like the latest Galaxy S III but I would never ever pay that much money or I would have bought an Iphone (iPhad I call them). Although I made this choice, I still have plain cell phone for calls. Sorry if off topic but this may also serve as a product suggestion for people who want smart phone functionality but don't plan to use it as a real phone.

I do not work for Samsung in any way or sell any of their products, I just like their products.

With that said, I get no money whatsoever from Samsung (in fact they are getting a bit of mine).

If this is not in the right place, please put it in the appropriate thread or forum...for others to see.

3. Wiesshund

Wiesshund Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Its a boost phone, so its contract free.