• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Active Notifications

I'm not 100% positive but this is what they look like. It looks as if you can see several notifications at once.

3yny5unu.jpg

Reactions: Outatime
Upvote 0
That looks pretty cool. I hope we get updated to that!! I haven't been paying attention, is the new X 2014 going to still have the "always listening" tech? I hope that never goes away. I love it.

Always listening (Moto Voice) feature is back. I can't see that going away any time soon. I think it's the second best feature on our phones. Second only to the incredible battery life. :)

MOTOROLA'S SOFTWARE FEATURES SMARTLY ENHANCE ANDROID
Motorola

Upvote 0
But now you can just wave your hand over the screen and those new IR sensors on the front of the phone will see it and show you the time and missed notifications. It’s a neat trick...

Call me crazy, but my Maxx does this now and always has. If my phone is sitting on a table with the screen off, I can wave my hand over the screen and it lights up exactly as described. Granted, I don't know if it is doing so with infrared sensors or another type of sensor, but from an end-user perspective the result is the same- I wave my hand and get my notifications. It's great for boring meetings, since I can leave my phone on the table and get the information I need with a quick wave.
Admittedly, I can't silence calls or alerts by waving, but at least I can trigger the notification screen to come on.

Upvote 0
It is the proximity sensor located in the upper right area (in portrait ).

It works this way if the Maxx is horizontal and does not work this way if it is any other position.

... Thom

The prox sensor is one of the two sensors on the upper left. One is prox sensor, one is the light sensor, both are together to the left of the earpiece at the top, about halfway between the earpiece and the left edge. I can't remember which is which. The opening on the upper right is the front facing camera.

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones