1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ActiveSync email stops working every couple days

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jlager, Dec 26, 2011.

1. jlager

jlager Lurker

I have a Galaxy S2 running Android 2.3.5 and have this extremely annoying problem with email.

I updated to 2.3.5 about 3 months ago. Everything was working great for two months but about a month ago, both my email accounts stop working every few days.

When I say they stop working, what I mean is I can't send an email using either of them (email just sits in Outbox) and email is not automatically retrieved. The only way to retrieve email is to manually hit refresh.

Both accounts are Exchange ActiveSync accounts (one hotmail, one for work running Exchange 2003.)

To fix it, I have to delete both accounts and readd them. Then email will work just fine for about one to three days and then it will stop working again.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jmarsden26

jmarsden26 Lurker

My active sync account just deletes itself every few days (twice yesterday and once this morning, this is the worst it has been). Everything works great and then one day, POOF! the account, contacts, calendar events all gone. I then have to recreate the account... very annoying!

3. jmarsden26

jmarsden26 Lurker

I should add that I also have the Galaxy S2 running 2.3.5. Mine is the Skyrocket version.

4. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Go to settings, applications, manage applications and clear data and cache for the app. You will have to add your details again after but hopefully it will sort the problem

5. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Although the solution should be the same for both devices I will add that we have a forum dedicated to the skyrocket here
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Android Forums

You should find lots of helpful info specific to your phone there.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews