• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Activesync Encryption draining battery? How to remove?

stokesd3

Jun 29, 2010
Installed my Corporate email on my Samsung S2 running Android 2.3.3 but found it to be a complete battery drain so have removed it again.

What I need to know is how to remove the encyption that it forced on my storage as part of the Device Administrator Policy as I assume it's still there? Have removed Exchange from the policy user list already. Thanks.

there isn't much room for error or faults when setting up an exchange account, it either works or it doesn't. and i'm using the standard vanilla email client that came with the S2.

will try touchdown to see if battery life will improve. thanks for the tips!

It isn't a matter of setup. Some email clients don't observe the EAS communications protocols properly/completely so while they "work" they keep the data connection open more than it needs to be, hence draining the battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones