1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ActiveSync Issues (Pre/Post Phone Update)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by swiftrock, May 23, 2011.

1. swiftrock

swiftrock Lurker

Hi folks -

I recently converted from a Blackberry Tour to the HTC Thunderbolt and initally was blown away. I love the speed and power of the phone, but I've had a few hiccups along the way. Most notably, with ActiveSync.

The make-or-break decision for this phone is ActiveSync connectivity. Prior to updating my phone today, I had intermittent issues using EAS (we're running Exchange 2003) with the phone having pushed email delayed anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 hours. I'd get various errors like "Connection Socket to the Server Reset" and "Exchange Server cannot be contacted." It was a pain, but it was usable enough to the point where I could justify the phone with all of the other bells and whistles.

After updating my phone this morning (Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.13.605.7-1.12.605.6), I've lost all ActiveSync functionality. When manually configuring the exchange settings, the security settings will apply but I will then get a "Failed to Create Account" error. Third party email applications don't fly with our internal security policy, so Touchdown-and-friends aren't in my options. I've got to have /some/ level of functionality to even consider keeping the phone, or else Verizon will be getting a visit this week.

Tl;dr - Thunderbolt ActiveSync was bad before update, completely broken after update. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

2. Jimmy706

Jimmy706 Newbie

I didn't have any luck getting ActiveSync to work on the Tbolt. It worked flawlessly on my old Moto Droid. So, I just downloaded the old mail apk (version 2.2) and use that. Works like it did on the droid. Perfect.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews