• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ActiveSync Question

rkokoski

Lurker
Dec 26, 2009
I purchased the HTC Eris from Verizon and have been pleased with most things except for email. I am using the built in Exchange client to talk to my Exchange server. There are 2 areas that do not do what i want them to do and don't know if there are other solutions or are there updates from Google on the OS itself. To preface this I have an Exchange 2003 server and specific end-user folders in my Outlook client. I then have server based rules that take emails from certain people and move them to the apppropriate user created folder for organization.

1. In my former Windows Mobile phone I could specifically select which folders (outlook) to sync. I have multiple folders but I only need a certain subset to even be displayed on my phone. It's a pain having to scroll through all of my folders just to see a few. My WinMo select me "select/deselect" folders to sync and even see.

2. The HTC will NOT auto-sync all of my folders but instead only when I go to that folder and then manually sync it. In my old Windows Mobile phone it synced all of my folders live and then all I need to do is look at my folder list to see which folders were bolded telling me there were unread messages in to folder to look at.

I'm missing incoming email the way it is. I have looked at Touchdown and that's the closest thing I can find to get what I want. What else is there?

Thanks!

-Richard K

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones