• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Actual Jelly Bean Update!

My phone isn't rooted. It's the same as if I took it out the box fire the first time.I can't wait to get my Jelly Bean update.I heard May 22nd, that's when it suppose to be rolling out.but I have read some posts that some people got their Jelly Bean update early, hopefully I'll get mines before May 22nd. :)

Upvote 0
I've rebooted several times. I still don't get the update. should I just keep force stopping it and rebooting until it comes up?

I tried the procedure above many times with no success. But, when I added a step 3.5 "clear data" to the procedure in the OP it worked right away. Previously I wasn't clearing the data, or was clearing the data after the force stop. clear data, force stop, use the back button and check for update right away worked. Might just have gotten lucky , but try it.

Upvote 0
I tried the procedure above many times with no success. But, when I added a step 3.5 "clear data" to the procedure in the OP it worked right away. Previously I wasn't clearing the data, or was clearing the data after the force stop. clear data, force stop, use the back button and check for update right away worked. Might just have gotten lucky , but try it.
I've done this before and got the MB3 or whatever update. I'll keep trying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones