1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ad Blocker

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jcase, Apr 19, 2010.

1. jcase

jcase Android Enthusiast

Ad services often serve up different ads, based on the region the user is in. I may think an ad is blocked because it might not appear on my phones, or the phones of most of my testers. But say someone in a region I have no other testers, is getting them, and not letting me know, then I can't take care of them. I would assume I got them all, and move out.

Blocks are specific to the ad provider, not specifically per app. Also some apps use a framework (from admob i think) that roundrobins the ads. If the app can't get an ad from provider A, it tries provider B, then C and so on. See AdWhirl.

All in all, its coming along nicely. I added a diagnostic's feature that gives me region specific information that can be reported. I have changed the start/stop buttons to a single toggle button, added on boot and shaved off about 20% of the app's size (compared to what 0.0.6 last night, not 0.0.5).

Please keep up the reports, thanks guys!

Advertisement

2. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Android Expert

Okay then, I'll report what I see and not worry if I'm repeating. Better safe than sorry. :D

3. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert

4. jcase

jcase Android Enthusiast

Patience, working new features in and a few bugs out.

bberryhill0 likes this.
  5. hallstevenson

My 0.0.5 version has "expired". Until the next version, can you remove the time-bomb ?

6. jcase

jcase Android Enthusiast

Expiration date is to keep bug reports on outdated versions from coming in. It will be removed on version 1.0.0.

I don't have a date for my next release, quite busy now a days.

7. hallstevenson

Oh, I completely understand the need for that. Sure can't blame you !

If I remove the app and re-install, is it a "number of days" timer or does it turn off after a set date ? I don't recall the exact wording at the moment.

8. ingenious

ingenious Lurker

Is the new version coming soon? Thanks for all the effort!

BTW, a feature suggestion: have a central place for updating the ad servers, plus have a way for the user to specify his custom servers, then merge both and update hosts file.

9. jcase

jcase Android Enthusiast

No new betas right now, life is busy.

This app doesn't use the host file, for a number of reasons.

10. xtravbx

xtravbx Well-Known Member

Just a quick bump because I'm going to install this - thanks for making this.

11. paleodust

paleodust Android Expert

The link appears to be broken.

12. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Android Enthusiast

just curious on a new location, I didn't find it in the market under adblocker

13. Jorenvc

Jorenvc Lurker

Could u please reupload the program, i get 404 error when i click the link

I'm quite new to android and i'd be happy to help you devellop this app ^^

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews