1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ad blocking issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sushifor5, Dec 24, 2012.

1. sushifor5

sushifor5 Android Enthusiast

I use AdFree for root as well as Droidwall firewall to try to block app ads. My latest update of Androzip (free) has an ad and Adfree and Droidwall are not working. It's so weird, b/c I have blocked Androzip from internet access in Droidwall and the ad is still there.

Any thoughts?

Also, can anyone explain to me how the TCP dump function on Adfree works? TIA!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. badblue1

badblue1 * TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL *

That's funny you mentioned this, because i haven't had any ads show up anywhere, btw i have ad free also and when i seen your post i clicked on ad free for the first time in months and i got a popup that said "hit fatal error " please update, but according to my apps in playstore, it's up to date!

TC dump ... i would like an explanation myself.

3. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Android Expert

I still get ads, I don't know why I'm still using adfree.

On the app that has the ad after blocking internet and using adfree, then it most likely saved the ad to the phone somewhere in the data partition. clear the data and then see if the ad is gone.

4. asadullah

asadullah Android Enthusiast

I took the info from here but you need to uninstall and install here. But if you wanna do it manually you can get the hosts file from here. Which I suggest you do that to be honest since it's time to update your hosts file on your computer as well.

AndyOpie150 and badblue1 like this.
  5. badblue1

Thanks, i appreciate the help!
    I didn't even realize it was outdated until this thread because i wasn't getting any ads anywhere.

6. sushifor5

Ok, I cleared the app's data, but the ad is still there...can I find this sneaky ad on my phone thru file explorer? Tia!

7. sushifor5

I had the same experience today, the "update this app" with Adfree, but my market didn't have an update option...found it thru xda link...just don't understand how to make Adfree work better, lol.

8. asadullah

asadullah Android Enthusiast

One thing that I won't go to much into because I've been asked not is using apk manager to decompile the app with the add in it and removing network capabilities or changing the link to the ads so it won't do this anymore. I made a video on it using angry birds for instance and completely removed the lag at the time.

9. badblue1

After uninstall and reinstall of new version of adfree 8.4.5 everything seems fine with no ads.

Make sure to reboot after install.

AndyOpie150 likes this.
  10. sushifor5

Oddly, I get the ad even when in airplane mode...must be living in my phone somewhere, lol. I wouldn't dare begin trying to mess with programming, I'm a techno idiot. :)

11. sushifor5

Did that, still have ad. That's why I wonder how to use tcp dump, b/c I think I read that you should be able to log info about apps with ads that Adfree isn't yet blocking. ???

12. badblue1

You need to boot normally, then download hosts, then reboot to clean dnc cache.

You can authenticate, sign in, and then you can whitelist or blacklist apps or revert apps that need it.

13. sushifor5

Ok, I've done the first part, no help...don't understand that second part, sorry, lol.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews