1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Ad Choces Pop-ups! Samsung Galaxy S5 phone.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Onebigfuzzy, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Onebigfuzzy

Onebigfuzzy Lurker
    None

Mar 4, 2016
    About 10 days ago I started to get pop-ups on my phone. The are rectangular boxes that say adchoices. The ads change all the time. These pop-ups are on any main screen on my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone and any application I open. Places where it pops up: Home screens, texting, emailing, chrome browser, IE browser, any game, music apps, camera. It pops up all the time.

I've uploaded a screen shot. See the rectangle that says GET COUPONS. That whole bar will stay there while I switch pages. If I click on my text app, the rectangle will move to the bottom of the screen and cover the keyboard. I can get rid of it by clicking on the X in the upper right corner two or three times, but this pops up with just about everything I do. The apps you see on the screen shot have been on my phone for a very long time and I have never gotten these popups till about two weeks ago.

I have only downloaded one program in the last couple weeks - Sworkit. I immediately deleted this program, cleared my caches and restarted my phone. Still popups. I went through and deleted any extra programs that I have not used in a while. Deleted ALL cache, restarted. I used avast and malwarebytes but they say everything is clear. I do have a lot of apps on my phone most of which have regular updates - maybe its is one of those?

I am not sure what else to do other then factory reset. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    IMO, that app has already planted its' seed into your system files.
    I had that happen roughly a year ago, when my errant thumbs clicked on one of the adverts at the bottom a screen....
    that installed a new app, that overlaid every screen that I wanted, I could clear it to use the app, but if the screen changed, it came back again..

I tried everything the whole forum recommended, and nothing fixed it until I did the FDR and started all over from scratch.

Since then, I have avoided anything that shows on the bottom of a screen on a "free app".
    if I use an app, and I like it, I upgrade to the Pro version and get rid of those pesky varmints.... I feel like the developers deserve something for the work they do.

for you?
    just cut to the chase: do the FDR and get it over with.

3. Reece Godfray

Reece Godfray Lurker
    None

Jun 30, 2016
    Male
    Thanks for this man, I have been having the same issue on my Samsung S6 Edge + and have been trying to find a way around it for weeks. Gonna bite the bullet and do that now :)