• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ad Complaints

scorrpio

Oct 26, 2009
In the past hour browsing from my Droid, I visited amazon.com like 376646380 times. Cause that blasted amazon ad on the left has a click box the size of Texas. It covers the whole forum and slighly missing the link you need immediately dumps you off to amazon. Selecting threads is doable - but trying to hit those tiny page numbers is a guaranteed amazon trip. Please do something. P.s. yeah I did zoom the screen almost all the way in.

Is it just me? Every time I refresh a page (enter and leave a thread) I get a Droid ad at the bottom of the page.

Very annoying - I have to keep closing it. Is there a way to keep it from popping up every freakin' time? It blocks part of the screen, and DUH - I'm here 'cause I already have one!! ;)

Upvote 0
Is it just me? Every time I refresh a page (enter and leave a thread) I get a Droid ad at the bottom of the page.

Very annoying - I have to keep closing it. Is there a way to keep it from popping up every freakin' time? It blocks part of the screen, and DUH - I'm here 'cause I already have one!! ;)

Yes... i hate it... i have a droid... thats why im here... but i guess the site has to make money some way... just wish it was on the one of the sides and not eating up real-estate

Upvote 0
Yes... i hate it... i have a droid... thats why im here... but i guess the site has to make money some way... just wish it was on the one of the sides and not eating up real-estate

Yeah, I don't mind ads, but this one covers up the forum UI and content, and the ad close button doesn't work when I have the browser zoomed in so the text is larger...

A real pain.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I don't mind ads, but this one covers up the forum UI and content, and the ad close button doesn't work when I have the browser zoomed in so the text is larger...

A real pain.

Yep, I had it also. It's a flash ad and very annoying. I just tried to click "post reply" and it didn't work now either. I could only use the quote button.

edit: the "post reply" works now, but the ad is back too.

Upvote 0
Not only does the topmost droid app KILL the sites performance on, ironically, android, the bottom of page droid ad is SO annoying that I think LESS of droid/verizon/you guys for running it, and am actually getting annoyed with it to the point of not wanting to come back.

Seriously, the best way to sell something is NOT to annoy the piss out of everyone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones