1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ad-free Android version?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Richard V Reader, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Richard V Reader

The frequency of ads and the level of intended use interruption are driving me toward a different hardware and OS. What are my options?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what ads? are you talking about in app ads? are you getting popup ads randomly on your phone?

Jfalls63 and Dannydet like this.
  3. Richard V Reader

When I power-up, not yet running aps.

4. Richard V Reader

When I power-up, not yet running aps.

5. ocnbrze

can you be more specific? so when you turn your phone on, immediately ads will pop up? what kind of ads? does this happen every time? how often do you turn your phone off?

6. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

You suffer from the same as all OS have, from Android to iPhone.
    It's from apps, be it pre installed by the manufacturer to downloaded by user.
    Your best option is to install an ad blocker from the play store that will end these annoyances.
    Adguard, no root firewall, NetGuard are some of the best. I use the paid version of adguard with never an issue

PitCarver and ocnbrze like this.
  7. Richard V Reader

Most frequent is:
    'WIFI Seceurity Check'

8. ocnbrze

Is it an ad for it? Is that an app?

If it is ad pop then I would uninstall any recent apps to find the culprit that is insetting pop up ads on your phone.

Dannydet likes this.
  9. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Simple test: reboot in safe mode. If these don't happen it's something you installed that's responsible. Work out what and you can get rid of it. If they are still there it's something the manufacturer or carrier pre-installed (may be able to disable it if you can work our what).

But it's not android that's the problem: like most of us I've never seen anything like this on any of my android devices, ever. It is an app on your phone that's responsible.

10. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

I think I have heard something similar to this from people who have bought their phone from Amazon at a discount that comes with ads.
    The like the discount price but eventually the adds drive them nuts.

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus release date was March 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 8/12GB RAM, Exynos 9820 processor, and 4100mAh battery.

March 2019
Release Date
Reviews