• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ad hoc in emulator

akshaypune

Lurker
Sep 23, 2010
I am developing an application for android based cell phone from emulator. The application i am developing requires ad hoc network. I do not own the phone or can't get it from anywhere else. So I want to create and establish ad hoc network in that emulator only. I am using standard ADK 2.2. I read somewhere that the information and settings of networks are read through a file called tiwlan.ini. Is this file available even for emulator? If it is, where is it located inside it? If its not, can i copy the file available on internet and put it somewhere inside my emulator and change system path to read network information to that file's path? If even that is not possible, is there any solution available by which I can establish ad hoc network on emulator?
Please reply as early as possible as its very urgent for me..
Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones