• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ad on lock screen

nikeman

Aug 5, 2013
For the past few days when I wake up in the morning after having charged my phone all night there has been what looks like the alarm clock going off but it doesn't make any sound. It has the snooze button and the red x I slide to cancel the alarm. How can I stop this? I haven't done anything new to my phone so I'm not sure where it's coming from. I attached a screen shot. It's the same thing every morning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160919-072853.png
    Screenshot_20160919-072853.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 142
I found a list of potential culprits including the go apps and I don't have any of them. I also figured out that it was set as a reminder to go off every day between 5 and 6am so luckily my phone is on block mode during those hours. I need to figure out how that reminder was set and if it was an app I will surely delete it.

Upvote 0
I do have an app called go90 but it appears to have come with the phone and I have it disabled because I don't know what it is. Same with beaconmanager.

I am thinking my phone may be infected with something. My battery has also not been lasting near as long as it used to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Update:
I finally figured out that it was created via a spam email on a Gmail account I rarely use. Apparently I had it set up to automatically set reminders which I have fixed now. If you use Gmail and have the Gmail app then you need to check the calendar settings! Apparently any one can send any reminders to anyone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones