1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Adam?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CBernard, Aug 26, 2011.

1. CBernard

CBernard Lurker
    None

Aug 21, 2011
    I have a gTablet that was given to me as a gift. The weird thing is that when I turn it on, after the Viewsonic screen with the birds, a "NotionInk" logo appears, and after that it reads "Adam". When I log on Android Market from my laptop, I see my Android devices and it reads "gAdam". At first I thought it was part of the system or something like that, but yesterday I googled and found out Adam is a tablet by the company NotionInk.... so now I'm pretty confused. Why my Viewsonic gTablet has that on the start, and my devices is a gAdam? Even on the settings part there's an item that says "update Adam". Anyone knows what's this all about?

Advertisement

2. metlcat

metlcat Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 24, 2010
    Law School Student
  3. CBernard

CBernard Lurker
    None

Aug 21, 2011
    After I made the question I googled a little and it seems it's what you said... the weird thing is that I didn't install it, neither did the person who gave me the tablet. It was new and unused. I guess it comes pre-installed. Isn't it weird?

4. luvduchovny

luvduchovny Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    Texas
    It shouldn't have come pre-installed at all. I think it wasn't as "new and unused" as you or your friend thought.