1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Adaptive Fast Charging and micro-USB cable

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by phivosk, Mar 10, 2020.

1. phivosk

phivosk Lurker

Recently I noticed that it takes forever to recharge using the OEM adaptive fast charger. It takes 3.5hrs with slow and 2hrs with fast.
    When I plug in another Samsung charger (ie. from S4) it charges within 1.6hrs. Strange enough, when I swap the USB cables, charging time is significantly reduced. I tested this to find out if my cable was to blame. I did this test many times, but I couldn't figure out why.
    My main question is, the micro-USB cable going with the AFC is different that a normal micro-USB (ie. from an S4)?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. phivosk

phivosk Lurker

I have timed charging times and the results indicate that there must be something unique with the AFC micro-USB cable. It doesn't seem like a mechanical defect with the cable and/or connectors. Just to give you an idea:
    1. AFC with its own cable: 3.5hrs
    2. AFC with another cable: 2hrs
    3. Regular charger (S4) with the AFC cable: 2hrs
    4. Regular charger (S4) with another cable: 1.6hrs
    Results are confusing I know, but it seems that there is something unique with the fast charge micro-USB cable.

Snakeyeskm likes this.
  3. phivosk

phivosk Lurker

That was my guess too, since I cannot explain otherwise. Both cables seem fine, data exchange with both works with no problems.

Snakeyeskm likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor, and 3600mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews