1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ADB Drivers HTC Desire HD on vista platform

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fabrav, Feb 7, 2011.

1. fabrav

fabrav Newbie

Hi all androids, im new here - since i got my HTC Desire HD in October 2010 i havent been able to connect it to my PC for it to sync. i dont get any options on my phone as i should - the only thing it does do is charge - i have looked at the settings in the 'Connect to PC' icon and the tick box is ticked where it says ask me for options etc...when i do plug it into my PC using USB i get a message saying looking for device drivers for ADB - it cant find any then asks me to insert the CD i received with my device - i never recived any CD and am totally confused as to why it should ask me for this.very frustrated - wish there was an easy solution to this as i just want to backup my photos etc to my PC.i have a feeling its something to do with USB drivers but not sure.please help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Steven58

Welcome to Android Forums! I'll move this for you.

3. springy

springy Android Enthusiast

fabrav likes this.
  4. fabrav

fabrav Newbie

thanks springy - i will give it a go - cheers.

5. fabrav

fabrav Newbie

Hi springy - just tried this and after installation etc when i try to use HTC sync i get the following error

"HTC Sync – HTC Sync port of Desire HD is not responding. Please disconnect cable and reconnect after 10 seconds”

tried reconnecting many times but no joy ! any ideas!!!

6. springy

springy Android Enthusiast

Make sure the connection type on the device is set to HTC Sync.

You can go..

Settings -> Connect to PC -> and check "Ask Me". This will prompt the phone to ask you what type of connection you want when connecting your phone.

By the way, the ABC Driver only prompt when you are in USB Debugging mode, just for information :)

7. fabrav

fabrav Newbie

hi springy this hasnt worked for me - i already have the option to ask me ticket but i never get the option on my phone appear - so frustrated now!! tried everything and i keep getting the error about the htc sync port not responding

8. SerenityStark

SerenityStark Lurker

I had this when I first got my HD. A restart of the phone fixed it for me.

9. kjames78

kjames78 Lurker

Hi, recently purchased HTC DESIRE HD phone, all is well, real happy with the general use & apps of this phone. Only trouble I'm having is when I want to connect it to my laptop to try & transfer data (music, photos, videos) back & forth I'm having such problems.

10. Having had exactly the same problem as fabrav, I can't see a solution in the above responses. What exactly is the ADB Driver that fails to instal when I instal HTC Sync on my laptop? Where can it be found? Why is this not simply installed with Sync anyway?
    Thanks for any pointers here,
    Tim

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews