1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps 'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by stemphonyx, Aug 26, 2011.

1. stemphonyx

stemphonyx Lurker
    None

Aug 26, 2011
    Hi
    I am having this problem. I have done EVERYTHING in order to be able to use the adb command from the command line without going everytime to the location where adb is installed.

added everything in the environment variables

in my case it looks like this:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Windows Imaging\;C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EVClient\;C:\android\jdk1.5.22\bin;C:\android\jdk1.5.22\bin;C:\Program Files\Perforce;C:\Documents and Settings\Stpt\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\3MZLQO6D.MBH\XZY6JLBV.6W8\xlqc..tion_0000000000000000_0008.0000_ce695bb2a57f802f;PATH=%ANDROID_HOME%\tools;%PATH%;PATH=%ANDROID_HOME%\platform-tools;%PATH%;PATH=%ANDROID_NDK_HOME%;%PATH%;PATH=%CT_DEVENV_SYSTEM_HOME%\Build\ant\bin;%PATH%;PATH=%CT_DEVENV_SYSTEM_HOME%\Build\cmake\bin;%PATH%;C:\ct\devenv\main\Windows\Android\sdk\platform-tools

and added the adb command in the user variables
    C:\ct\devenv\main\Windows\Android\sdk\platform-tools

still when I use the command line and type adb from c: the system says
    'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

now, I'm in dubt if is my stupid machine (I am having some issue) or if I miss something in the settings of the command.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks a lot

Advertisement

2. stemphonyx

stemphonyx Lurker
    None

Aug 26, 2011
    already solved. windows is a a unknown entity sometime.
    I renamed adb.exe to adb.exe.exe
    once I did that I reboot the machine, change the name again to adb.exe and IT WORKS!

it was something like 3 weeks I was trying to solve this.

Thanks anyway
    Ciao