• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ADB Shell Device Not Found

mikeh36

Mar 14, 2010
Hey All

Up until this morning I've had no problems with running ADB commands from my computer to my phone but now everytime I try to do so I get a Device Not Found error. My OS is XP and I've gone through the Device Manager looking for something that says ADB.... (that's what my memory tells me I should be seeing). Can anyone tell me where I should be looking? Or what device I may need to update the drivers on? Not sure why it suddenly started happening but it's hosing me on trying the latest GAOSP build (need to mount so that I can delete everything in the dbdata directory).

Well crap, I reinstalled NPS and got it working but then when I went to put GAOSP on it stopped working again. :(

Lelouch....I get a bunch of forced close errors on GAOSP and Drakaz mentioned connecting through ADB Shell and deleting everything in dbdata. That was working for me before this morning.

Upvote 0
I don't think it's Bell in this case (for once I'm not blaming them). I saw somewhere else that HTC Hero users were having the same problem with an earlier version of Android and the trick for them was to pull the SIM card and go wireless only. Once they'd authenticated on Google they could put the SIM card back in (tried/didn't work). All the other fixes say to do a hard reset but that doesn't seem to work either.

So that leaves me thinking there's something that gapps doesn't like about the I7500L

Upvote 0
Hey All

Up until this morning I've had no problems with running ADB commands from my computer to my phone but now everytime I try to do so I get a Device Not Found error. My OS is XP and I've gone through the Device Manager looking for something that says ADB.... (that's what my memory tells me I should be seeing). Can anyone tell me where I should be looking? Or what device I may need to update the drivers on? Not sure why it suddenly started happening but it's hosing me on trying the latest GAOSP build (need to mount so that I can delete everything in the dbdata directory).

Your should put these four files to C:\windows\System32(Only in XP system effectively).
adb.rar download:
http://android.pcpop.com/forum.php?...kZGZiZThiYnwxMzA3OTM4NzkxfDgwMTA5NTd8MTc0Ng==
I hope it can help you.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones